Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Off

Days to Go: 5!!
Money Raised: $17 883.70!!

Peoples. It's happening. Rather than wait to see whether the Qantas situation would resolve itself, my Assistant Coach, primed and ready to strike, booked me on an Emirates flight instead. It looks like I would have got there anyway on Qantas given the dramatic termination of the industrial action but we didn't want to take the chance of me getting there the night before (or worse, missing out completely). So, instead of flying via Sydney I am now flying direct to New York via Dubai tonight. Yes. I am flying to New York tonight. Cue spontaneous outbursts of New York themed show tunes!

New York, New York! The Chrysler Building! Iceskating at the Rockefeller Center! Broadway! Eating bagels!
Running 42km, quite possibly in the snow! Woo hoo!

It seems appropriate, nay NECESSARY, at this point to say a HUGE thank you to everyone who has donated, supported and encouraged. It would not be possible to name you all but know that your support has meant everything to me. A special thanks, of course, go to my friends and family and, in particular, my wonderful Assistant Coach and my three most excellent progeny. This year would not have been possible, not even a LITTLE BIT, without them and they make my actual life better than even that fantasy one where I wear berets, write edgy beat poetry and live in a Soho loft.
 
As I mentioned in my last post, after entering this blog in a competition, I got chosen to be one of the official bloggers of the marathon! How cool is that!! I don't think I'm getting ahead of myself when I say it's really only one small step to a movie of the same name, with the part of Kate to be played by Sandra Bullock. (That white-haired guy from 'Mad Men' will most probably play my Assistant Coach). So I will be blogging. Oh yes. I will be blogging. And also posting regular updates and photos on 'The New Walker' page on the Book of Face. So pop on over and click 'Like' if you haven't already. And stay tuned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment